Monday, October 20, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 16

And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center. ~ 1 Nephi 16:2

The truth is sometimes hard to hear, whether it is someone calling you out on your actions or honestly telling you that yes you look fat in those pants.

Sometimes I hear stuff I don't want to, often in General Conference, or sometimes from my friends or family. I know I fall short a lot of doing the things I need to do.

The important thing is to be humble and not whiny. If someone rebukes you it is usually best to just own it, and then decide what you are going to do about it.

You could whine, or try to pass on the blame but you don't get any growth when that happens. God means us to learn from our mistakes. He knows we won't be perfect but He expects us to keep trying and to get a little bit better.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 1 Nephi Chapter 16.