Saturday, October 18, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 14

And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld a man, and he was dressed in a white robe. And the angel said unto me: Behold one of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Behold, he shall see and write the remainder of these things; yea, and also many things which have been. And he shall also write concerning the end of the world. ~ 1 Nephi 14:18-22

In this part of Nephi's vision he sees John the Revelator. Nephi sees many of the same things as John, especially pertaining to the end of the world but he is commanded to not write them down because John is ordained to do it.

He also says in a later verse that when John wrote the words they were plain and precious and easy to understand. I wish they were now! So many times I've read the book of Revelation and wondered what the words meant.

It is easy to guess but no one will know what is right until it happens. I feel like the last days are near at hand. Not necessarily in my lifetime, but then again, I don't really know. Soon. I don't think (I mean I hope) that the world can get much more evil. I know that is a sign of the times. Certainly a lot of people are suffering because of the actions or inactions of others. I guess we will find out.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 1 Nephi 14.