Sunday, October 05, 2008

1 Nephi Chapter 1

And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance. - 1 Nephi 1:20

This is the scripture I've chosen from chapter 1 of 1 Nephi. I love the thought of the Lord's tender mercies. There have been many times in my life that I've felt loved by the Lord and that I've had my prayers answered.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, had a lot of pride, been careless with others, even to the point of grevious sin. I've felt the redeeming power of forgiveness from the Lord Jesus Christ. I know His atonement is real and is open for everyone.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 1 Nephi Chapter 1.