Friday, November 14, 2008

2 Nephi Chapter 6

Wherefore, they that fight against Zion and the covenant people of the Lord shall lick up the dust of their feet; and the people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah. 2 Nephi 6:13

For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him...

I like that a lot. You see the phrase 'the chosen people' or 'God's chosen people' a lot. In a very real way we have chosen God and he has chosen us back.

I like this concept because it sounds so mutual. I guess that really is the nature of a covenant. It is a promise between God and man.

As Latter Day Saints we have the opportunity to make a lot of covenants. I am so grateful for that. It isn't always easy to keep them. Oh it is easy to keep some of them. Certain ones are no-brainers so to speak, though the easy ones to me may not be the easy ones to you. Others are more challenging.

I am so grateful for the wisdom of the Lord because I know this helps us grow. I wait for Him too. It will be wonderful when he comes again.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 2 Nephi Chapter 6.