Thursday, November 13, 2008

2 Nephi Chapter 5

And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness. 2 Nephi 5:24

This is the scripture that leaped out at me tonight. It has been a long week. My little one has been sick, along with my husband, and various other craziness.

I don't think I've been living after the manner of happiness. Sometimes it is hard to remember to slow down and think, and to live each day thoroughly, instead of as quickly as possible.

I need to pray more, laugh more, forgive more, and love more. I need to be more diligent. I need to be less hasty, less judgmental, less quick to anger, etc.

I think if I did all these things I would be living after the manner of happiness. God means us to have great joy. I am sure in His eyes we waste a lot of what we've been given, just in unecessary worry.

Each day I want to take the opportunity to notice more and to be more in the moment. That is one goal for this week.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 2 Nephi Chapter 5.