Friday, November 07, 2008

2 Nephi Chapter 4

Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. ~ 2 Nephi 4:28

This is a great scripture. I love the second line best, "No longer droop in sin.". It makes me thinking slouching.

My mother always told me to stand up straight. In a way Lehi is saying the same thing. Our souls need to stand up straight. Which is the same as saying we need to keep the commandments and do what is right.

This is something we need to hear all the time, at least I do. I know one reason we are supposed to go to church every Sunday is so we have the constant reminder to do the things we are supposed to.

I also love the idea of not giving sin a place in our hearts. Sometimes that means giving up something, maybe something that is kind of a gray area. That is even harder sometimes than not doing something obviously bad.

Do you want to read this verse in context? Read all of 2 Nephi Chapter 4.