Wednesday, November 05, 2008

2 Nephi Chapter 3

And now, blessed art thou, Joseph. Behold, thou art little; wherefore hearken unto the words of thy brother, Nephi, and it shall be done unto thee even according to the words which I have spoken. Remember the words of thy dying father. Amen. ~ 2 Nephi 3:25

First of all this is a great chapter with lots of beautiful scriptures. In this chapter Lehi is speaking to his son Joseph. The last chapter was him speaking to Jacob. I am sure I forgot to say that.

There is a lot of great prophecy here to Joseph about Joseph from Egypt and also Joseph Smith. I ignore those (for the purpose of this blog) and chose the one I did for what I can only term as a personal reason.

I have one child and she is just over a year old. While I was pregnant with her I lost my step-mother and then shortly after she was born I lost my father. I can picture Lehi blessing his sons and wanting so badly to leave them with the best advice he can.

So to Joseph he said, "You are little, listen to your older brother and remember my words." It kind of makes tears well up in my eyes. I don't like to think of having to say goodbye to my baby but I know I would want her to listen to someone I trusted and to remember me.

Totally sentimental of me :)

Want to read this verse in context? Read all of 2 Nephi Chapter 3.